Friday, July 1, 2011

Passion... Dreams and Integration

Its been a few months since I've written anything! Wow!

A couple months ago my business coaches, Chemae and Eric Stevens, suggested I dream bigger. I really have never had any problems dreaming. Roy likes to quote the scene from Apollo 13 where they're trying to figure out how to get the shuttle to earth. Its way over here, earth is way over there... unless changes are made... Charity usually falls way short of her dreams. Its funny the way he tells it. I do have lofty dreams and goals. This conversation with my business coaches did inspire me to make a few of the dreams come true. I went to Borders bookstore and purchased magazines that inspired me. I went to Craft Warehouse and bought some art supplies. I scheduled a Sunday to sit and put together a 'dream board.' Once I put a dream on paper, I am almost rabid to fulfill those dreams.

I started day dreaming about an EPIC road trip. I want to collect sunsets from all over. I want to see National Parks. I want to go to Alaska, Arizona, Utah, ect, ect. All that made it on my dream board. Something was missing though. It was all about me and what I want. That isn't really satisfying and its not what I want to live for.

As I was thinking about my dreams (I'm still rabid, mind you.) I tried to think not just about what I want but what I care about. What is it that makes my chest tight, my eyes water, my throat close up because I'm mute with passion and concern. It's obesity. It really is. I think God allowed me to spend a decade and a half obese so I could care more, understand more and help more. I'll write more about that later. Combining what I wanted with what I care about was the puzzle I was trying to fit together. An integrated life. I love that idea. I want to live an integrated lifestyle. One where I love what I do, do what I love, be with those I love and make a difference in the world and grow in my walk with the Lord all at the same time. That's when the pieces started to fit together.

I decided to start to plan my trip. I was going to see a few spots I pasted onto my dream board. Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon. A couple guidelines for myself would be to stay on program (keep working toward my own healthy weight,) keep 'working,' stand in awe of God's creation, and create memories with my family. I want to integrate everything I care about. I decided that at each stop I'd talk to 10 people about their health, interview them, so to speak.

I've now checked off Bryce and Zion. I'm sitting in Las Vegas waiting for my husband to join us via Southwest Airlines. Then tomorrow, as a family, we head to the Grand Canyon. A few complications have come up making it a little difficult to fulfill all my objectives but as I continue to blog I plan to share a few stories of people I've met, their personal stories, their hardships and if nothing else, I hope that I will leave these people feeling better than when I found them. I hope my family goes home with memories of a great time. I hope to come home with a grander view of God's artistic side and I hope to be a few pounds down.

Until the next wi-fi spot.... signing off.

P.S. If you're interested in learning about what I do either as a potential client or a future health coach (or if you know someone who'd be interested)... imagine living your dreams and growing your business at the same time! Its incredible! Then please feel free to call/text/email or facebook me. Lets set up a time to meet either in person or on the phone. 503-936-9728

(From Left to Right: my brother Larry, son Jarod, daughter Allison, sister Shaina and son Cody on our way to hike Angels Landing at Zion National Park)

No comments: